Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rain, Rain GO AWAY (seriously)

Just a little rain?  I don’t think so.  This is insane.  I woke up this morning at 5:30am to the sweet sound of tornado sirens and crashing thunder.  The streets are flooding and cars are literally floating away.  As a result…I have not yet secured my cup of coffee and am starting to get grumpy about it.  But at least I have been kept up to date on the weather conditions outside thanks to the ever-professional Channel 4 news crew.  Just a few highlights from their expert reporting:

o "We just saw a canoe going by like it was a river-but it's not. It's a backyard."
o “Stay inside. Don't be a 'look-ey lou’."
o “Don’t risk your life to get a video, but if you do, please send it to Channel 4!”
o "There's a whale of a lot of rain, the flooding has gotten very out of hand...it's just a big mess”
Yeah that's supposed to be a road...not a river
Flooding in Belle Meade
Cars floating down 21st Ave.
Raining in the kitchen...woohoo!
Okay so clearly the bowls aren't working...3 inches of rain in the window...greatttttt

    And though the comments from the local weathermen are certainly comical and I am able to joke about all of the flooding since I am nice and cozy and dry inside my house, not everyone in middle Tennessee has been so lucky.  At least five people have died as a result of raging floodwaters and countless people have lost their homes to serious water damage.  So please say a prayer for the people of the greater Nashville area in the hopes that everything will dry out soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment