Friday, May 7, 2010

Flood Update

            I don't really know how to put the damage that the city of Nashville has experienced and the state of disaster the city is in into words so I figured I would post some pictures so that you can get an idea of what things are like.  I was able to make it safely home to Philadelphia on Wednesday and though I am not in the Nashville anymore I am constantly thinking about it.  And it looks like I made it back just in time as both of my county's water purification plants have been shut down and there is no longer clean drinking water where I live.  Not to mention the fact that the whole city is beginning to take on the pungent scent of a moldy swim towel.  SO many people have lost their homes and everything they own.  It is predicted that it will take months, if not years, for Music City to be back on its feet again.  And who knows whether historic landmarks, like Opryland and the Grand Ole Opry, will ever be completely restored.  Please keep the people of Nashville in your thoughts and prayers as they try to clean up and move forward from this mess.
A view of downtown Nashville (2nd Ave & Broadway)
Another shot of downtown
Spotted in the grocery store parking lot
Inside the Grand Ole Opry...so sad

LP Field...home of the Tennessee Titans
Cascades Atrium in the Opryland Hotel
Nashville Flood Relief T-Shirts (find them on facebook...all proceeds go to help victims of the flood)

No comments:

Post a Comment