But in the mean time I wanted to tell you all about what I've been up to while on this blogging hiatus. Lately I have been...
- Racking up Southwest miles and getting very familiar with Boston-Logan
- Deciding that New England summertime is straight out of a Martha Stewart mag
- Negotiating and re-negotiating and finally signing a lease on an adorable, dog-friendly row house in Georgetown
- Riding the rails of the good old R5
- Spending busy, fulfilling days at CHOP
- Becoming absolutely certain that having a healthy child is nothing short of a miracle and solidifying my decision to require that my own children wear helmets at all times until they graduate from college (and if they are boys, then til they're oh, 45)
- Counting down the days until I get a full week of vacation at my favorite place where I can't wait to share its magic with a special visitor
- And anticipating the start of the real world in just two weeks with a healthy balance of giddy excitement and unfounded terror (I mean, would you expect anything else from this nervous nelly?!)
And on a more serious note, I have to ask you all for a favor. If you are the praying kind and have some extra room on your prayer list, please add my friends the Schweiters. This sweet family means a lot to me and I spent many a Friday night in middle and high school babysitting for their three precious children. Their youngest, Logan, was in an accident in last night's flooding rain and prayers for his full and speedy recovery would mean so much. Because he is being treated at the hospital where I work, I was able to see him today and hug his sweet parents and I know how much your extra prayers would mean to them.