Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hello Again!

            Remember me?  Well turns out summer time means lots of busy and not much of lounging around with my blogging pants on.  But I wanted to at least stop by and say hi and let y'all know that though there has been a blogging drought of late and the location of this little page's activities will soon been changing, that doesn't mean that the blog is going to fall by the wayside.  Phew!  I know that you were worried.  In fact, I suspect that posts in the near future will be a lot meatier with tales of my escapades (and potential embarrassment) as I attempt to navigate a brand new city!

            But in the mean time I wanted to tell you all about what I've been up to while on this blogging hiatus.  Lately I have been...

  • Racking up Southwest miles and getting very familiar with Boston-Logan
  • Deciding that New England summertime is straight out of a Martha Stewart mag
  • Negotiating and re-negotiating and finally signing a lease on an adorable, dog-friendly row house in Georgetown
  • Riding the rails of the good old R5
  • Spending busy, fulfilling days at CHOP
  • Becoming absolutely certain that having a healthy child is nothing short of a miracle and solidifying my decision to require that my own children wear helmets at all times until they graduate from college (and if they are boys, then til they're oh, 45)
  • Counting down the days until I get a full week of vacation at my favorite place where I can't wait to share its magic with a special visitor
  • And anticipating the start of the real world in just two weeks with a healthy balance of giddy excitement and unfounded terror (I mean, would you expect anything else from this nervous nelly?!)

            And on a more serious note, I have to ask you all for a favor.  If you are the praying kind and have some extra room on your prayer list, please add my friends the Schweiters.  This sweet family means a lot to me and I spent many a Friday night in middle and high school babysitting for their three precious children.  Their youngest, Logan, was in an accident in last night's flooding rain and prayers for his full and speedy recovery would mean so much.  Because he is being treated at the hospital where I work, I was able to see him today and hug his sweet parents and I know how much your extra prayers would mean to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment