Friday, June 25, 2010

Strange Things Are Happening


            Never let it be said that Nashville is a city without quirks.  In fact, this city is rich with the unusual, the unique, and the down right weird.  Don’t get me wrong, it is one of the things that I adore about Nashville but I have seen a few things around my neighborhood over the past couple of days that have made me stop and wonder “What were they thinking?!”
Man on a super tall bike.  Funny thing is, he is not the only person I have seen since I've lived in Nashville who is riding a bike that is freaking huge.  Apparently, there is a bike brigade of sorts that builds these bizarre contraptions and rides them around town just for kicks.  Weird.

These purple stairs have been parked at the dead end of my street for the past week.  Not gonna lie, last night as I was taking an evening walk with some girlfriends I climbed to the top of them and belted out a little show-tune.  I imagine myself on Broadway at least 3-4 times a week.  But regardless of the smile that these random purple stairs bring to my face every morning on my walk to school...they are weird.

Nashville is also home to the world's smallest art gallery.  Not kidding.

This is weird.  'Nuff said.

What weird things are happening around your town?


No comments:

Post a Comment