Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Time for a Change

            I love a chance to redecorate.  Even when I was little I would beg my mom to help me rearrange the furniture in my room far too often for her liking.  This may be surprising to some of you loyal blog stalkers because I have made it abundantly clear that I am a creature of habit.  However, I don’t like to get stuck in a rut and when the rest of my life seems to be spinning out of control I like to straighten up and rearrange a little. 

            So I am very excited about the chance to totally redo my room when I move into my new house…aka the brothel…in 6 weeks.  That’s right, despite finding my adorable townhouse after an exhausting search last Spring I have decided to move again.  I was offered a room in a charming old house just a block away and my rent will be half of what I pay now.  Needless to say I jumped at the chance!  The house is adorable…complete with front porch and balcony off of my room.  I die.  And though some might be wary of moving into a house with 7 girls due to the sheer overload of estrogen (not to mention the fact that it is technically illegal in the state of Tennessee to have that many non-related females living in one house), I am giddy at the thought being surrounded by that many friends 24/7.

            Here is what I am thinking for the new room.  Keep in mind I am on a grad school grandma budget so some of the staples will have to stay but as an HGTV addict you can be certain I have some “design on a dime” ideas tucked up my sleeve.
The room gets tons of sunlight in the morning so curtains are a must...love the pattern on these!

My room already has a beach-y theme (despite the fact that I am completely landlocked here in Nashvegas) so I think these prints would look great on the wall.

Scatter these babies around the room to tie in the blue from the new curtains?

Love these beach-inspired throw pillows


No comments:

Post a Comment