Thursday, June 24, 2010

Morning Y'all!


So it’s been one of those days…already.  Do you ever have those days when nothing seems to be going your way?  When you wake up on the right side of the bed but everything in your world seems to be pushing you over to the dreaded “wrong side”?  Well, that is how my morning has been thus far.  Until a few minutes ago that is.  The morning started off like any other with my alarm blaring in my ear right around 6:15am.  Ugh.  Feeling exhausted and still a little delirious in my sleepy state, I padded down to the kitchen and made myself some coffee.  Which I then poured onto my cereal.  Damnit.  This seems like a very strange thing to do but since I have become a grad school grandma and my dependence on caffeine is bordering on the need for a little celebrity rehab, I am basically brain-dead until I have had a cup of coffee.  As a result, I pull this little coffee-on-the-cereal trick more often than I would like to admit. 

Next in the series of events on this best morning ever, came the seemingly ever present bug-with-a-bajillion-legs in the shower.  Nearly gave this girl a heart attack.  But never fear…I smashed that sucker to death with a flip-flop and proceeded to shower in the dark, scary basement shower.  At least there were no killer bugs down there!  Okay, so in the grand scheme of things this morning wasn’t all that bad but I may or may not be a little bit of a drama queen who tends to blow a thing or two out of proportion.  Nah…I never do that! ;-)

But regardless of my less than ideal morning, I literally just received an email that my first client of the morning has been canceled and I am not needed in the clinic until 10am.  Guess it’s not such a bad morning after all!  So I am back in pj’s enjoying my coffee and cereal (not in the same bowl), and some celebrity gossip in the warm Tennessee sunshine!

Okay, so I know my toes look gross but I wanted y'all to feel like you were right here with me!


2 comments:

  1. After 5 years of being in the south, I guess you had it coming to start saying y'all...
    This coffee in the cereal is sounding like something we would have done in the Temple...I miss it so!

    ReplyDelete