Monday, June 27, 2011

Ending the June Blogging Slump

            June has been a rough month for blogging.  Turns out, as of recently living life has trumped writing about it but that doesn't mean that things haven't been happening around here.  The D.C. apartment hunt is still on (yeah I know it feels like I have been looking for ever to me too) and I have seen more than my fair share of crack houses and "hidden gems" that seemed just too good to be true...and then they were...too good to be true.  In fact, I even took off a day of work last week just to make the trek to the district only to have my hopes dashed once again when the perfect place turned out to be a shit hole (sorry Mom) complete with questionable carpet stains, peeling paint, and a kitchen straight out of the fifties.  Yuck.  Needless to say I was not the happiest of campers after a long day of apartment hunting but thankfully my sister knew just what would put a smile back on my little homeless face...

A trip to ACKC was how I coped with the no apartment blues



And then top that off with a weekend at Fox Point with some favorites and I was as good as new





But seriously...there is a slight chance the Cooper man and I could be homeless come August 1st so if you hear of anything please let me know.  Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment