Monday, May 17, 2010

Best. Weekend. Ever.


            This past weekend I made my way to New York City to reunite with sorority sisters, some of whom I hadn’t seen in almost 6 months.  Way too long after spending four years of college glued to each other’s sides.  Many of us live in NYC but others came for the weekend from Long Island, Connecticut, Virginia, and of course, Tennessee.  Though I had no doubt that the weekend would be fun, I really couldn’t have imagined a better three days.  I had forgotten how much I loved going anywhere and everywhere with a crew of at least 10 girlfriends in tow.  In college we were known as the red hurricane due to our tendency to go out in red Chi O t-shirts and invade a frat party at a moment’s notice.  To some?  Absolutely obnoxious.  To us?  Absolutely fabulous.  This weekend was no different.  On Friday and Saturday night we gallivanted from bar to bar around the city, laughing to the point of tears in the back of cabs, and just generally loving on each other after being apart for so long.  And each morning you could find us in a hungover heap, all 7 girls piled onto one bed, rehashing the events of the previous night.  Perfection.




No comments:

Post a Comment