Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Grass is Always Greener


            The saying that “we always want what we can’t have” very much applies to my life.  Though I’m getting better at living in the moment and not wishing for the things that I do not or can not have, over the past few weeks I have caught myself wishing for the busy-ness and sense of a “to do” list that has defined my life over the past nine months.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not all that anxious to get back to the world of all-nighters, mounds of flashcards, and stress to spare, and my weekends have been nothing short of fabulous but the weekdays filled with a whole lot of nothing are starting to get old.  You see though this is pseudo-summer for me, my family and friends are still in full on school and work mode.  Which leaves me with little entertainment and human interaction during the 9-5.  Have I mentioned yet that I am a person who does NOT like to be alone?  I have already finished two non-school books, packed up the majority of my room for the big Ball Family move, and run more errands for my mom than I care to admit.  So I’m thinking of taking on a project.  Making a scrapbook of all of my pictures and souvenirs from my semester abroad almost three years ago?  Taking up tennis?  Yeah, probably not…hand-eye coordination is pretty much non-existent in my life.  Maybe I’ll learn to sew?  Brush up on my yoga?  The possibilities are endless, right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment