Friday, March 12, 2010

And the Crackberry Comes in Handy

          I swore I would never be one of those people who blogs from their blackberry but it has been almost a week since I've posted and I'm feeling a little guilty. So here I am writing to you from the good old R5 as I head into the city to catch my train to DC. Unfortunately, the train is packed this morning and I was forced to sit in the seat by the door so every time the conductor peeks his head into the car to announce the next stop, which is about every three minutes on the R5, the door slams into my seat. Not the most pleasant thing in the world. Also, there is a sickenly lovey couple sitting across from me. The only thing that is saving this train ride is the fact that the boyfriend is whispering sweet nothings to his girlfriend with the most extreme lisp I have ever heard. So I've been entertaining myself by trying to identify the type of lisp and stifling my giggles as he tells her she looks "tho beautiful.". Guess I should be a little more mature about it since this is my job security staring me in the face but sometimes you just can't help it.
          Spring break so far has been less than thrilling although I can't claim that things have been dull. It appears to be the end of an era in the Ball house. When I got home from the airport on Sunday I was dumped directly into an episode of House Hunters and Designed to Sell all in one. That's right...837 Maplewood went on the market on Monday. And though I will be the first one to admit I have an HGTV addiction, its much more fun to watch the cleaning and organizing and agonizing over details on tv than to actually do it yourself.

          But this week hasn't been completely boring. On Tuesday my mom and I walked into the friendly village for dinner and a movie - Alice in Wonderland in 3D. I highly recommend it. And last night I met Haley and Netty in the city for dinner at a sushi place called Raw. We ate our weight in sushi and spent hours (literally) catching up on everything that's been going on in our lives since our last dinner date over Christmas. I've missed these girls so much since I've been in Nashville but its so nice that despite the fact we haven't seen each other in months when we finally get together again its as if nothing has changed. We are right back in high school only with better clothes and real IDs instead of the fake ones we used to use at Swanky Bubbles. Sorry mom. Well, that's all for now. I apologize for the delay in pictures. They're coming soon but I couldn't figure out how to do that on the crackberry. Have a great weekend!

Oh and P.S. Just realized I booked my train ticket to DC for 10:30pm instead of 10:30am. FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment