Sunday, January 2, 2011

Finally Defrosted

            I'm am home from the surprise family vacay and happy to be back to temperatures that are actually meant for humans, not eskimos.  Because those -4 degree temperatures were a little tough for this pseudo-Southern girl.  But don't get me wrong, the trip was fabulous.  I was smitten from the moment we pulled up to snowy Lake Placid.  Have you ever been to Lake Placid?  Because if you haven't, you should go.  It is seriously straight out of a movie.  From the snow-covered trees that look like they've been dipped in cake frosting to the cozy, lakeside restaurants filled with laughter, warm candlelight, and great red wine...I'm in love.






            And despite my first instinct to admire this magical little town through the windows of our warm hotel in an effort to keep my body temp above freezing, the activities that my parents had planned were too hard to resist.  Snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, ice-skating, bobsledding, snow shoeing, downhill skiing, and dog sledding all made their way into the itinerary.  Needless to say, I'm gonna need a vacation from the vacation!  But it was SO worth it.  I mean, who goes bobsledding on the Olympic course and gets to ride in a dogsled!? 








Cross-country skiing is hilarious...especially when everyone is really bad at it!







Everybody trying to be number 1...how typical :-)



 Yeah these kids are absolutely insane.


I mean seriously...insane.



Loved these dogsled pups.


P.S. Happy New Year!  I have a feeling that 2011 is going to be great year.

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOOOO jealous this was your family vacay.. can I come in your suitcase next time??

    ReplyDelete