Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Cocoa Tree

            As a child, I was never a fan of hot chocolate.  Or hot drinks of any kind for that matter.  I don’t know what it was but they just never appealed to me.  Even after a long day of sledding or an afternoon on the ski slopes, I would opt for a glass of water over a hot cocoa every time.  But as I’ve grown up and my palate has gotten a little more mature as well, I have found that I actually kind of like the stuff (especially with some peppermint schnapps mixed in for a little something extra J).  Which is why I was very excited to try out a little hidden gem in the Germantown area of Nashville called The Cocoa Tree.


            The original Cocoa Tree was started in 2003 in Franklin, TN just outside of Nashville and there is a pretty neat story about how it all got started so check out their website if you’re interested.  And then after you read the story, go there.  Immediately.  And get the Passion Hot Chocolate with homemade marshmallows.  Okay, you don’t have to get that one, I am certain that everything there tastes uh-mazing, but the chocolate raspberry combination in the Passion was pretty much to die for.  In addition to the hot chocolate, the Cocoa Tree serves homemade truffles (my fave was the salted caramel) and other chocolates and that are equally lust-worthy. 





            So if the winter chill is starting to settle into your bones and you’re in need of a little pick-me-up, The Cocoa Tree is just the place to warm your chocolate-loving soul.

1 comment:

  1. So sad we didn't get there...gotta come back!
    (Or tell them...and I really mean this....that Wayne PA would be a perfect place to open up another store....several vacant buildings in Wayne await!)
    Love,
    YKW

    ReplyDelete