Thursday, September 2, 2010

Having a Little Pre-Fall Withdrawal


            I’m sorry, what?  It’s September?  Not quite sure when it happened but I guess it’s that time of year again.  Fall is just around the corner and I am craving the smell of freshly sharpened Ticonderoga’s, pumpkin spice lattes, and that crisp fall air that makes you feel like you should be in the stands at a high school football game.  

            Being an October baby, I have always loved this time of year and am convinced that it is the most perfect weather.  Ever.  But I also grew up in the Northeast.  When living in the South, Indian summer is the new autumn and a cozy September sweater is replaced by a swimsuit.  An afternoon spent by the pool replaces a Saturday at the apple orchard.  But I can’t say I am complaining just yet.  Considering my summer was lack-luster to say the least, I am happily indulging in a few more doses of vitamin D.  However, you can bet I will be heading back home at some point during this semester so I can get my real fall fix.  And maybe some apple cider donuts.

What's your favorite thing about the Fall?


2 comments:

  1. Love those pumpkin spice lattes -- Thank you Starbucks for hurrying fall along. But truthfully... I'm really pining for an eggnong latte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Julie...
    We have been having fall like weather and pining for Fall ourselves...despite my annual panic attack as the start of school approaches.
    Can't wait for those apple cider donuts!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete