Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Sun-Soaked Early Fall Morning


One of the things I have come to appreciate as a grad school grandma is the lack of hangover.  Don’t get me wrong, this girl still loves to party and can likely be convinced to go out any night of the week if the convincer (is that a word?) tries hard enough.  But I have realized how nice it is to wake up to the sun streaming through my curtains and soak it in instead of cursing it and burying my aching head under a pillow.  Today was one of those mornings.  I woke up to bright September sun on my face and when I walked out onto the porch in my jammies I felt it.  That small hint of fall air.  I have said it before and I will say it again…there is something about that fall air.  Something about the way the light looks on leaves that are on the verge of change and catching the first sight of pumpkins at the grocery store.  Now I’m not going to get ahead of myself here because I am fairly certain that Nashville temps will be back in the 90s this week but in the meantime, I am drinking it up.  And though I am tempted to hop in the car and head for the mountains (where fall is pretty much unrivaled), I am instead working on my Case Conference presentation at my favorite coffee shop in East Nashville, enjoying some much needed caffeine, and reveling in the sunshine of this almost-fall day.


Here’s hoping your Saturday is a beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment