Friday, February 12, 2010

No More Excuses


So we are officially a month into the semester.  I have been working hard, staying (relatively) focused, and having some fun too!  But the one thing I haven’t been doing is running.  And may I remind you I have committed to running 13 miles in just over two months in the Country Music Half Marathon.  AND have purchased a new pair of shoes just to get myself going.  Well…I haven’t exactly gotten going yet.  Though I ran competitively in high school and realized that it was the one sport where I actually had a little bit of talent, I have found it hard to make the time to run now that it is no longer required.  I am the queen of excuses.  Its too cold, the Y is too crowded at 5pm, I stood over a dead body for 2.5 hours during anatomy lab tonight.  But this is the end of those excuses.  Though today I’m only planning to run a couple of miles, it’s a start right?  If you don’t hear from me in the next few days it is safe to assume I am passed out somewhere along West End avenue!

No comments:

Post a Comment