Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Day-After-Valentine's-Day!

Valentine’s Day is supposed to be fabulous and filled with love if you have a significant other OR absolutely miserable and filled with man-hating movie marathons, lots of chocolate, and maybe an “I hate Valentine’s Day” party complete with piñata heart bashing if you are a single lady…or Jessica Biel.  But I think this is a stupid rule.  I don’t think that just because you don’t have a man in your life you can’t be spoiled and you have to spend the day hating on everyone who is in love.  Don’t get me wrong I found myself gagging a little bit as I watched the couple in line in front of me at the movies drool all over each other, whispering sweet nothings into one another’s ears, but I managed to have a really fun Valentine’s weekend minus the man.


Valentine's Day Breakfast at the Pancake Pantry...A Nashville must-eat!   

            I felt like I was entitled to indulge a little.  Hey, just because I didn’t have a boyfriend buying me chocolates doesn’t mean that I can’t eat them anyway!  I also went to see Valentine’s Day along with the rest of the world and ate a delicious plate of blueberry pancakes at the famous Pancake Pantry…also along with the rest of the world. 

          Another plus of a single Valentine’s Day was that I saved a lot of money.  Instead of wasting my money on a gift that a boy would never use, I put it toward something that would certainly not be wasted.  New blazer from Urban Outfitters?  Don’t mind if I do.  And though I was definitely enjoying my single lady Valentine’s Day, I am certainly not one to pass up the chance to meet a new man every now and then.  So if you happen to know of any cute males between the ages of 20 and 30 (can’t be too picky here), living in the middle Tennessee area, preferably employed (and struggling musician doesn’t count), feel free to send them my way!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love this post! Just whizzing through your entire blog at work today. Gotta catch up on my Julie's life.

    P.S You have to take me to this pancake place when I come to visit!

    ReplyDelete