Thursday, February 16, 2012

New Neighbors

            The house on 35th Street has recently gotten some new neighbors.  The much anticipated rival to the cupcake mecca that is Georgetown has finally arrived.  Just the other week, Pie Sisters opened its doors at the foot of the Key Bridge and ever since then I have been dying to give it a try.  I must admit that I'm more of a birthday cake kind of girl than a pie lover so I was a little bit skeptical but after one bite of the Bourbon Chocolate Peacan Cuppie (a little cupcake-sized pie, get it?  Cup-pie?), I quickly changed my mind.  I can't speak to the deliciousness of the other varieties that these two sisters pump out on a daily basis but if this cuppie was any indication I would say that Georgetown Cupcake has got some competition.  So the next time you're in the area, resist the urge to stand in a massively long line for an over-sugared, over-rated cupcake, give Pie Sisters a try!



1 comment:

  1. I make pie cupcakes too!! Mine look better though ... :) I'll bring some next time I'm in DC!

    ReplyDelete