Sunday, February 5, 2012

Move Over Party Dogs

            A domestic goddess, I am not.  Trust me, I am very aware of this fact and don't claim to know much about anything when it comes to being in the kitchen.  Which is why I love quick little recipes like this one that I found over on Blue-Eyed Bakers.  It's the perfect impromptu snack to bring to a Super Bowl party and a great alternative to standard chips and seven layer dip.  If I get my act together, I'll be whipping this up in the next hour or so.

Puppy Chow Popcorn
Makes 9 cups
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen



9 cups popcorn (1 standard size microwave bag)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
**I'm adding pretzel snaps to mine!

Line a large baking sheet and set aside.
Pop popcorn according to package instructions.  Place in a large bowl and set aside.
In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter and heat in 30 second bursts in microwave until melted and smooth.  Pour chocolate mixture over popcorn and pretzels.  Using a large spoon, mix until popcorn and pretzels are evenly coated with chocolate.  In 1/2 cup increments, add powdered sugar and continue to mix until evenly coated and all 1 1/2 cups have been added.
Spread popcorn and pretzels evenly on prepared baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.  Break up and serve.  Store at room temperature in an airtight container.


What is your go-to (and easy enough for the domestically-challenged) party dish?

2 comments:

  1. YUUUUMMM!!
    Love,
    YKW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules! I just made these little num-nums yesterday to bring to a friend's house. They're Lasagna Cupcakes and were super easy to make. I love EVERYTHING on this website: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/08/lasagna-cupcakes.html

    ReplyDelete