Monday, January 18, 2010

Test of a Strong Stomach


Today our anatomy class starts the dissection portion of the lab.  From what I have been told, the dissection takes place in a dark basement with no windows…very Frankenstein-esque.  And did I mention that these are real human cadavers we are dissecting?  NO, we’re not talking cats or pigs but humans.  So needless to say I am a little apprehensive.   Though I tend to think of myself as somewhat of a badass when it comes to my strong stomach and lack of fear of all things medical, the idea of having Vicks Vaporub smeared across my upper lip to combat the stench of a dead body lying in front of me does make me a tad queezy.  We have been instructed to wear normal clothes but our professor suggested that we wear old tennis shoes.  When asked why we should be concerned about our shoes we were told that things tend to…well….”splatter.”  SICK.  Some of the girls in the class have been plotting the ways in which they could successfully get out of the dissection for weeks…I’ll get back to you with the over-under on fainters after tonight’s class.

No comments:

Post a Comment