Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A September Celebration

            This is a year of big birthdays.  The most important, of course, being my 25th birthday which is coming up in just a few weeks.  Though my fear of getting older is as evident now as I approach the quarter life mark as it ever has been, this girl loves a birthday and believes that it should be celebrated in a big way.  But enough about my birthday (that post is yet to come...after the big bash in less than two weeks!), this past weekend an important man in my life celebrated his entry into his 9th decade.  That's right, this man turned 80 on Sunday.


             And to celebrate, he decided that the most appropriate way to mark the anniversary of his birth was to spend the afternoon at a shooting lodge.  Yep, a shooting lodge.  I am personally terrified of guns and have never had the desire to shoot one but after some serious bullying (ahem, Dad) I decided I would suck it up and try it just one time.  Okay, I tried it three times.  And hit two out of three "birds" thank you very much.  I think people were a little afraid that I was actually going to kill one of my relatives when I did my little victory dance but when you hit more targets than the boys I think a victory dance is warranted.  I can't play tennis to save my life (though I really, really try to be good at it) but put a rifle in my hands and I'm suddenly a natural.  But don't worry, I'm not hooked on it by any means and after three shots I decided to hang up my gun, cross that one off the bucket list, and call it a day.  Overall, the afternoon was tons of fun and I think that the big man enjoyed his special day!





            In other news, I'm sorry for being a bad blogger lately and falling prey to the busy-ness of Fall and a new job and starting a new life in a new city.  But it's the season of pumpkin spice lattes, apple picking, and cool Autumn nights perfect for snuggling and drinking red wine on the patio so you can be sure that I will have lots of mushy gushy things to say about my favorite season and all of the joy that comes with it.  


Oh, and stay tuned for the full photo tour of my new home coming soon.  
Cause I'm kind of in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment