Saturday, March 26, 2011

Flying Saucer

            It's been kind of a slow week as far as blog material goes but I don't like to blog just for the sake of blogging (though the Pioneer Woman claims that one of the cardinal rules of blogging is to not leave your readers with radio silence for an extended period of time), so you'll have to forgive the lack of work week posts.  But despite the more relaxed week some friends and I did take advantage of Thursday being the new Friday and the fact that some big March Madness games were going on by heading to The Flying Saucer for some beer and basketball on Thursday night.


             The games were utterly disappointing (yes, I went to Wake Forest but I've got a little Blue Devil in me too so that game was a bummer) but that doesn't mean that we didn't thoroughly enjoy ourselves, the beer, and the free popcorn - a perk I didn't know about and I kind of have a thing for the popcorn and beer combo!  The Flying Saucer is famous for their hundreds of beers and the UFO club which keeps track of the number of different beers that patrons drink and crowns them with their own plate on the wall or ceiling to commemorate their 200th beer.  Excessive, yes, but still kinda fun.



Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment