Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Checking It Off

            The bucket list, that is.  As the end of the semester, and my time here in Nashville, are coming to an end in just two months I have decided that I really need to start taking this whole bucket list thing seriously.  I have definitely made the most of my two years here and have experienced much of what this fabulous city has to offer, but there are still some things that are lingering on the list and I plan on crossing them off one by one over the next sixty days.

            One of the items on last summer's bucket list was a movie at the Belcourt Theater in Hillsboro Village.  Okay, so my original bucket list included an outdoor movie complete with popcorn and a lawn chair but last weekend's showing of the Oscar nominated animated short films counts too, right?  It was the perfect way to spend a Spring-like Sunday night...especially since this ultra-light semester has left me with no homework and a pretty significant amount of free time.



            The Belcourt Theater first opened in 1925 as a silent movie theater.  Today, it is known for being the only true neighborhood theater in the city and is the place to go for independent, foreign, and classic films!  But the very best part of the Belcourt Theater just might have to be the concession stand.  Complete with popcorn (duh) and adult beverages!  It is my personal belief that you might as well skip the movies if you're not gonna get the popcorn...and a Yazoo Pale Ale makes it that much better!


And just because I can't resist...a very cute hello from the little man...



No comments:

Post a Comment