Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Party's Over



The pumpkins are sporting some serious mold, the temperatures are dipping into the 50’s (gasp!), and the Halloween costumes are getting packed away for next year.  It is no longer acceptable for me to indulge in excessive amounts of candy and pumpkin-flavored beer.  And though a part of me is sad to be kissing my most favorite month goodbye, another part of me is excited because November brings with it a lot of goodness of it’s own.  In just three weeks I will head home for time with family during which we will proclaim just how thankful we are for a life chock-full of blessings. 

My mom, sister, and I will spend hours in the kitchen (I will only be stirring and chopping of course) with James Taylor blaring, bowls piled high in the sink, and the intoxicating smell of sweet potato soufflé seeping from the oven.  Other highlights of November include showing my Nashville friends the life of a yankee with a trip to Philadelphia, a 5-year high school reunion which is guaranteed to awkward and as a result, alcohol-fueled, and lots of virtual hugs sent to the boy in South Africa who won’t be able to make it home for Thanksgiving.  Okay, so October may be gone but November is gonna be good.  I can feel it.


1 comment:

  1. SAD DAY!!! Our adorable pumpkins are dieing! Maybe it's time to smash them and celebrate November's arrival :)

    ReplyDelete