Tuesday, November 22, 2011

When I Grow Up...

            ...I wanna run off and join the circus.  Or Cirque du Soleil...because those jump-ropers and teeny tiny acrobats that get tossed into the air like rag dolls have the most ridiculous job ever.  Okay, so maybe I'm scared of heights and double-dutch has never really been my thing but watching the performers at Cirque du Soleil's Quidam on Sunday made me kind of wish that I had chosen a cooler career.
            I am a huge fan of any of the Cirque du Soleil performances (checked Disney World, Philadelphia, and Atlantic City Cirque's off my list...next show, Vegas?) but I have to say that this was one of my favorites.  The music, the costumes, the rubberband-bodied performers.  I loved it all.  And I loved the fact that I got to take in the show with my grandparents who made the trip down from Philadelphia to celebrate my grandfather's 80th birthday with Katie and me.



            Oh, and on the way home we passed one of the many restaurants in D.C. that I have been dying to try.  Mike Isabella's (Top Chef, duh) Graffiato.  Guess I'll be making a trip back to Chinatown sometime soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment