Sunday, November 20, 2011

Occupy D.C.

            Last week, residents of the district decided to get in on the Occupy action and hold a rally in my neighborhood.  And by my neighborhood I mean at the base of the Key Bridge in Gtown.  And I was a little bit excited about all of the commotion because, let's be honest, who doesn't like some extra excitement on a Thursday?  But I have to say, I wasn't all that impressed with the statement made by protestors clad in black "Our D.C." t-shirts who were embarrassingly outnumbered by Washington Five-0 who managed the scene on foot, in cruisers, and on horseback (cause that's really necessary).  For the most part I am grateful that chaos did not erupt at the bottom of my sleepy cobblestone street but I would have had much better pictures had things gotten a little rowdier.  Instead, I snapped a picture with one of our city's finest who was casually smoking a cigar and clearly not at all concerned about the spectacle unfolding in front of him.




At least they had the support of the local liquor store, right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment