Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Live Free or Die

            I know that I recently moved to a new city and have been very excited about exploring all that it has to offer but I have also been enjoying getting out of town for the past few weekends.  My most recent getaway was spent in the White Mountains of New Hampshire and though I'm not a cold weather girl I must say that New England is starting to grow on me.  Especially when it looks like this...


            Highlights of the weekend included a night at the Cabernet Inn, apple cider donuts and pumpkin cake for dinner (hey, we were on vacation!), and a scary drive up the very steep Mt. Washington.  And though the destination at the end of our ride up north, quaint little North Conway, was absolutely wonderful, I think I loved the stops along the way just as much.  I don't think my roadtrip partner was completely thrilled with my squeals to pull over at every roadside antique junk shop and "Brake for Moose" sign along the way, but I think he had a pretty good time too :-).















Umm take me back, please!




2 comments:

  1. I was at first going to say "I want that Moose weather vane," but then I decided, "I want it all"...the cider, the donuts, the mountains, the hike, the view....(I know...not the boy...he is yours all yours...but the rest...wish you could have shared! :-(
    Love, YKW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you pretty please return to the 603 soon with me as your tour guide?! Pretty pictures Jball!

    ReplyDelete