Saturday, August 27, 2011

Quite the Week

            I wrote this post earlier this week but am just now getting around to publishing it.  It's been a busy week filled with all of the drama you would expect when not one but two natural disasters are hitting your new city.  Tuesday's earthquake was crazy to say the least and mid-quake I found myself debating whether I should hide under my desk or run to the bathroom and pull a mattress over my head.  Oh wait...that's for the tornadoes that I grew oh so accustomed to in Nashville.  And now to top it off Hurricane Irene is making her way up the coast and threatening to give us a soaker of a weekend.  But I have no doubt that there will be more than one hurricane party and lots of snuggle time with the Cooper man (who finally made his way to his new home on Thursday!) in store on this rainy weekend.
            And if you're wondering what I've been up to since I moved into my new hood, these pictures will hopefully give you a little bit of an idea!


So I know it's a tourist trap but I couldn't help myself...


I got the banana split cupcake which is basically banana bread with lots of icing.  Yum.



A gorgeous night on the Georgetown waterfront...which will likely be under water once Irene gets her hands on it.


The picture is a little blurry but I couldn't get over the sky the other night and had to document.

Hope you have a happy Saturday...don't get blown away!

No comments:

Post a Comment