Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sister Weekend


            This weekend my sister made her first appearance in Nashville!  Despite her skepticism towards all things Southern, Katie decided she would humor me and come check out my new city!  And I was thrilled.  For once I was getting the chance to show her around MY town instead of the other way around.  When we were little girls, Katie and I were pretty much inseparable.  I wanted to do everything that she did and I think she secretly liked that.  She was my teacher and my protector, dressing me up as a character in a pretend game (or music video as we got into the teen years) and constantly reminding me to “be careful little lady!”  And though we certainly got along as children, I think that as we get older we find that we like each other more and more.

            And this weekend proved just that.  If you are like me and are lucky enough to have a sister, you know what it’s like.  You know that when your sister comes to visit you don’t have to clean your apartment top to bottom, there is no worrying about whether or not she’s having a good time (cause she’ll tell you if she isn’t!), and you don’t have to feel guilty when she lets you nap on the couch for a few hours in an effort to recover from a wild night out in the honky tonk before setting off to explore the city!  When you’re with your sister it is natural and easy.  You get each other.  You just fit.
            So all that being said, you can imagine that we had quite the weekend.  Check out the pictures below for the highlights. J
The legendary Paradise Park

Home to some of the best bands in the honky-tonk

Oh hey!  It's Elvis.  NBD.

Standard tourist pic

Everyone was glad that Katie was here!

Downtown Nashvegas

Mah gurl.

Don't you step on my blue suede shoes!

Webb Pierce's Silver Dollar Convertible

Taylor Swift's famous gown!

The RC Cola and the Moon Pie...a Ball Family Favorite

Franklin, Tennessee!

Tim and Faith live here.  Yes, we are stalkers.  And yes, this is as close as we could get.

Sunday night bluegrass jam at the Station Inn

And of course you can't come to Nashville and not go to the Pancake Pantry

Come back!  I miss you already!


No comments:

Post a Comment