Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall

             Right now, I'm holding my breath.  Why?  Because I don't want to miss it.  And I don't want it to slip away and all of a sudden we're left with month of cold and gray that is a D.C. winter.  And I'm guessing that since the Old Man was relatively kind to us last year, this winter is going to be a doozey.  But enough with that winter talk.  Let's get back to talking Fall.  I believe I can say that it has officially arrived and I am loving it.  Opening the windows first thing in the morning and leaving them that way until bedtime...just trying to breathe in as much of that Fall air as I can.  Putting nutmeg and cinnamon in my coffee because it finally feels like that time of year again (ok, so I really could put that stuff in my coffee in the middle of a July heat wave but that just feels kind of sacrilegious, no?).  Watching eagerly for that first hint of red and orange in the trees around my neighborhood.  And anticipating a weekend with friends at my favorite place at the height of the season.  Oh man, this is gonna be good.



1 comment:

  1. Wasn't it an amazing fall-like weekend? And it isn't even officially fall! I'm gonna do this pumpkin idea...very cool!
    Love,YKW

    ReplyDelete