Monday, January 2, 2012

Day Off

            I kind of love that New Years day fell on a Sunday because this bonus day off has been just what I needed.  Since I didn't really get a Christmas vacation, little things like doing my laundry, going to the grocery store, and making a trip to the gym have fallen by the wayside as of late.  Today was the perfect day to catch up on all of that.  But even more perfect was a late afternoon trip to Baked and Wired, which I have been dying to try since I moved to town.  And I must say, Georgetown Cupcake doesn't hold a candle to the bakery/coffee house just off of M Street.






            There were about a million cupcakes to choose from but I went for the gingerbread with lemon icing and it was delish.  I loved that unlike most of the trendy cupcake shops in this town, Baked and Wired actually gives you more cupcake than icing which leads to much less of a tummy ache/sugar hangover when it's all said and done.  Add to that the uber friendly staff, the homemade dog treats for the Cooperman, and the cozy atmosphere and you've got my new go-to for a sugar fix.  Try it out the next time you're in the neighborhood!

1 comment:

  1. AGREED! I think baked and wired has the best cupcakes in DC. I'm heading back to DC on Wednesday and I can't wait to see you and catch up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete