Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes...

            Now that finals are over and the grueling 13+ hour drive back East is complete (don’t worry, I had a Tori Spelling book on my Ipod), I can finally settle into this Christmas spirit I’ve been getting glimpses of over the past few weeks.  It is hard to believe that Christmas is only three short days away…especially since I have not purchased a single gift or nailed down the ever-anticlimactic New Years plans.  But instead of getting stressed and allowing myself to succumb to the Grinch-like attitude of those crowding the King of Prussia Mall, I am going to do just the opposite.  I am going to succumb to my urge to sing Christmas carols in the car at the top of my lungs while sipping a gingerbread latte and expertly navigating the bustle along Lancaster Ave.  I am going to read a book that I actually enjoy and not worry about the fact that I have absolutely no idea where life will take me over the course of the New Year.  Cause what I do know is that though I have the power to create my own happiness, much of life is far beyond my control.  So why not grab some eggnog and the Glee Christmas soundtrack and enjoy the ride?




No comments:

Post a Comment