Monday, February 25, 2013

Decisions

            Most people like to have choices.  Lots of options on the table so that chances of picking the right one, or at least a good one, are a little higher.  Me?  Forget it.  I would like for you to please tell me exactly what I should do or give me two choices and the go ahead to eenie-meenie-miney-moe the hell out of them.  But for the love of god don't make me decide on my own.  Okay, getting dramatic...but seriously.  Big decisions can be hard and scary.  Whenever I'm faced with one I inevitably question whether or not I've gotten it right or if I might regret not picking the other one.  This is precisely why I pick my food at a restaurant based on what it looks like when placed in front of the guy at the table next to me because I want to know what I'm in for (and because food regret is the absolute WORST...especially at brunch...my brain says omelet but my gut always, always says blueberry pancakes).  But I'm working on turning over a new leaf or two as I consider some bigger decisions in my life these days and instead of feeling the need to be absolutely certain about what I'm getting before I get it, I'm planning on listening to my heart and going with my gut.  Because I NEVER regret blueberry pancakes.


1 comment: